• 1) My child is presently a senior at the High School, can I get a copy of his/her immunization record for college?
    Yes, you can get a copy of your child's immunization record by contacting the High School Health Office at 215-3115.

    2) What Immunizations are required for school entry?
    The required immunizations for entry into school are:
    • DPT (diphtheria, pertussis, tetanus)
      • Kindergarten - 7th grade:  5 doses
      • Grades 8 - 12:  3 doses minimum
    • Tdap
      • 1 dose mandated for all students entering 6th grade if they have not received previously
    • OPV (oral polio vaccine) OR IPV (injectable polio vaccine)
        • K, 1, 6 and 7:  4 doses
          (If 3rd dose received at 4 years of age or older, only 3 doses required).
        • Grades 2-5, 8-12:  3 doses
    • MMR (measles, mumps, rubella)
      • 2 doses of measles & mumps vaccines and 1 dose of rubella vaccine (MMR)
    •  Hepatitis B
      • Kindergarten - 12th grade:  3 doses minimum, may require 4 doses
    • Varicella (Chicken Pox)
      • Kindergarten - 4th grade:  2 doses, 1st dose must be administered on or after the first birthday
      • Grade 5:  1 dose
      • Grades 6-10: 2 doses
      • Grades 11 & 12:  1 dose
    • Meningococcal
      • Grades 7-9:  1 dose
      • Grade 12:  2 doses or 1 dose if the dose was received at 16 years or older
    3) What if my child does not have the required immunizations?
    Public Health Law requires these vaccinations in order for a child to attend school. Incomplete vaccination records will result in the student being excluded from school.
    4) Are there any exceptions to these immunization requirements?
    There are four exceptions. A child may be exempt from any or all of the required immunizations for the following reasons:
    • medical reasons
    • religious reasons
    • if they have serological evidence of immunity
    • have been diagnosed by a physician as having the disease mumps, measles, or chicken pox.  Parental statement of disease is not adequate proof and will not be accepted.
    5) What are the acceptable proofs of immunizations?
    • The immunization record must be a medical document from a physician indicating the immunizations given and the dates of administration.  School Records are not acceptable forms of proof. 
    • Medical exemption requires a written statement from a physician licensed to practice in New York, stating that there is a valid medical contraindication to above vaccines. Effective July 1, 2014, medical exemptions must be reissued annually.
    • Religious exemption requires a written statement from parent, parents or guardians stating that you hold sincere and genuine religious belief(s), which prohibit the immunizations of the child.  Secular principles, including philosophical exemptions are not allowed. The required form may be obtained from the school health office. It must be notarized and returned to the school for approval. A separate form is required for each child.