TRYOUT TIMES FOR FALL SEASON 1:
On Monday, September 21st tryouts for the following sports will be starting:
-Boys and Girls Varsity and JV Soccer
-Girls Varsity and JV Tennis
-Boys and Girls Varsity and JV Cross Country. (See below for Zoom link for parent meeting-Sunday 9/20 -10am)
On Tuesday, September 22nd
-Varsity Golf Will begin tryouts.
(See Below for Golf guidlines)
Here are the times for each sport to report to the cafeteria on Monday the 21st:
2:45 Boys and Girls Varsity and JV Soccer
2:45 Girls Varsity and JV Tennis
3:15 Boys and Girls Varsity and JV Cross Country
On Tuesday, September 22nd the Varsity Golf Team will report to the Cafeteria at 2:45pm along with the same schedule for the above mentioned teams.
IMPORTANT --MODIFIED TRYOUT NEW START DATE
On Monday, September 28th tryouts for the following modified sports will be starting :
-Boys and Girls Soccer
-Boys and Girls Cross Country.
Times and Locations to be announced.
1. All kids trying out have to wait at the fence by the putting green until coach gets there. No one is to go on the putting green or anywhere else.
2. Proper dress shorts and collared shirts that are tucked in are a must. The course will not let them on if they are not dressed properly.
3. Everyone must have their own ride to and from the course.
4. There will be a cut after day 1, based on the scores. Cuts will be final by the end of day 2
5. Be prepared for any type of weather. We play unless there is thunder/lightning.
Zoom Link for Cross Country Parent meeting on Sunday, September 20th at 10am:
2020 Fall Virtual Athletic Meeting
NEW INFORMATION REGARDING FALL SEASON:
Here is some very important information regarding the upcoming Fall sports season. As a result of the Special Section 6 Executive Committee meeting held on 9/11/20, Section 6 is moving forward with Fall Sports (Boys and Girls Cross Country, Golf, Boys and Girls Soccer, Girls Swimming, and Girls Tennis). However, each district’s administration has received a survey regarding their intent to participate in the 2020 Fall sports season. Niagara Wheatfield is in full support of beginning the Fall sports season on September 21st. Once Section 6 and member leagues receive the results of this survey, schedules will be made or changes and modifications if needed.
There are few important things that will be happening next week for the Fall 1 season:
- Sports physicals will be given on September 16th from 2:45pm to 6pm in the high school gym. It is by appointment only and is ONLY for students who have not had a sports physical in the last two school years. For example it is for new students, incoming 7th graders and anyone who has not had a sports physical. We will be checking to see if your student has had a sports physical before accepting the appointment. Your student also can now get their sports physical by their own pediatrician and turn it in to the nurse with the pre-participation form attached to it.
- To Make a physical appointment for September 16th please call 716-215-3616 or 716-215-3618
- Important Fall Paperwork will be available online. The parent card (green form, code of conduct and pre-participation form for physicals will also be available in the front high school vestibule starting at 10am on Monday 09/14/20.
- Your student must have a cleared sports physical on file and the Parent card must be returned to the school to be cleared by the nurse before the start date. Preferred ways to return it, are to fax it to 716-215-3617 or it can be scanned and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. There will also be a google link that will be on the website for the parent card so it can be completed electronically. If necessary, the hard copy can be dropped off at the school on Tuesday, 09/15 between the hours of 9am and 2pm and Wednesday 09/16 and Thursday 9/17 from 12 - 6pm.
- There will be an important virtual fall sports parents meeting posted to our website by Wednesday 09/16 at 6pm.
- Thank you for your patience during this unprecedented time. We are working hard to ensure that our NW athletes safely return to the playing field this fall. Have a nice evening.
Please be aware... the new turf facility and Terry Harvey Field are closed at this time. It is an active construction site and there is no admittance at anytime. Please obey these rules as everyone's safety is our first priority!! We are excited too for the new facility and the upgrades- we just have to be patient until it is done!!
Yearly Sports Physical Information:
- Fall Sports Physicals have been waived for Fall 2020, if you have an approved sports physical on file from 2018-2019 or 2019-2020.
- Sports physicals are required for winter and spring seasons.
- You can now use a sports physical from your own doctor for the 2020-2021 school year. You must submit a copy of your physicans physical along with the form below attached. The front portion must be completed and signed by a parent or guardian.
- We will also be offering sports physicals during students Physical Education classes on September 14, 15, 16, & 17. The same form as above will be required for a sports physical. More information to come.