Operating a Video CameraThe first step in creating a video is to know the equipment and how it works. Following are twelve important aspects of using digital video cameras which you should be able to do before beginning a project with students.
* Mount a camera on a tripod and be aware of different kinds of mounts.
* Turn on camera using either battery or AC power and realize the advantages and limitations of each.
* Put camera into appropriate mode for recording or playback.
* Use menus on the camera to establish appropriate settings.
* Insert and remove a videotape from the camera.
* Use either the viewfinder or camera monitor while shooting video.
* Zoom in and out smoothly.
* Pan a scene at an appropriate speed.
* Adjust tilt, angle and height of tripod as needed.
* Use alternate shooting techniques when no tripod is available.
* Connect camera to a computer.
* Remove and recharge battery as needed.