Niagara Wheatfield High SchoolPhysical Education
Physical Education affords individuals the opportunity to learn the importance of teamwork, cooperation, self-discipline, respect, dedication, socialization skills, leadership, and commitment. These qualities are integrated into the physical education program on a daily basis through participation in “lifetime” activities.
Physical Education will take place in a non-threatening atmosphere in which every student is challenged and has the opportunity to achieve success. Physical Education is an opportunity for students of all abilities to engage in a variety of activities to encourage a healthy and active lifestyle.
Policies and Procedures:
- ALL JEWELRY must be removed for a student to participate in physical education. Students who refuse to remove jewelry will be considered unprepared for class.
- Students are expected to be on time for class. Excessive tardiness will result in detention.
- Inappropriate language or obscene gestures will not be tolerated and will result in disciplinary action.
- Once the locker room doors are locked, students are no permitted to re-enter the locker room for any reason.
- Students are to remain in the locker room until the bell signals the end of class.
- Students may choose a small locker in the locker room to house their personal belongings for an extended period of time. Large lockers are for class time only. Please do not put a lock on a long locker for more than one period. All locks on long lockers will be cut at the end of the day.
- Students are responsible for their belongings. Teachers and the district are not responsible for stolen items.
- Students who skip class will receive a grade of zero for that class period, with no opportunity to make-up missed work.
- Make-up classes are available for any student who misses class due to legal absences, field trips or music lab.
- Contact me: