Update:The start date for the district's Pre-K Program is February 4, 2019.
Niagara Wheatfield Central School District Pre-Kindergarten Program
The New York State Education Department has awarded the Niagara Wheatfield Central School District an annualized grant for Pre-Kindergarten. The Pre- Kindergarten program is contingent upon the availability of New York State Pre-K grant funds for all Niagara Wheatfield children whose dates of birth fall between December 2, 2013 and December 1, 2014 (must be age 4 on or before 12/1/18). There are 141 spots available for Niagara Wheatfield students; participants will be chosen by lottery for positions exceeding the total. The program will start on February 4, 2019. Niagara Wheatfield School District Pre-Kindergarten program will be located at Bunny Bunch Daycare in two of their locations, 2578 Niagara Falls Blvd., Niagara Falls, NY 14304 and 7181 Ward Rd North Tonawanda, NY 14120.
● Pre-Kindergarten students attend a full day of school: Monday through Friday, from 9:00am to 2:00pm.
● There is no charge to enroll your child in this program.
● Parents are responsible for transportation to and from the site.
● Options are available for before and after school care from Bunny Bunch for a fee.
● Applications are available and must be received by 3:00pm on Friday, January 4, 2019 at Niagara Wheatfield District Office.
● Applications are attached and will also be available on the District Website at www.nwcsd.org and in the main offices of all Niagara Wheatfield School Buildings.
● If applications exceed maximum enrollment, a public lottery will be conducted on January 4, 2019 at 4pm.
● Applicants will receive the official registration information when they drop off their application. If application is submitted by mail, the registration packet will be sent to you. This is not a registration form!
● Pre-K applications should be forwarded to: Niagara Wheatfield Central School District Office, PO Box 309, 5700 West Street, Sanborn, NY 14132 or brought directly to the District Office at 5700 West Street.
● Please be aware that the formal registration form will require proof of residence and documentation of physicals and dental visits within the last year.