Niagara Wheatfield Families:
First, thank you for keeping us informed by responding to our many surveys and request forms. Your input will continue to help guide our decision making regarding the various programs we are offering.
As you may be aware, the District was faced with a number of challenges regarding implementing the change requests made by families for weeks 11-20. The challenges included making sure the following were possible:
- We have enough physical space within each of our buildings, while taking into account social distancing.
- We have open seats within grade level classrooms in each of our buildings to accommodate the students returning.
- We have space on our buses, which is particularly challenging at the elementary level
So here is the good news:
- We do have the physical space within each of our buildings, while taking into account social distancing.
- We do have open seats within grade level classrooms in each of our buildings to accommodate the students returning.
- We do have space on our buses, which was particularly challenging at the elementary level
As for the third challenge:
Although we are able to provide transportation with our current number of bus drivers for weeks 11-20, it will be very tight, as we need to follow social distancing guidelines. We are now very concerned about the impact of a bus driver who is absent. We may not be able to fill those open bus runs. This may result in students being picked up or dropped off at later times.
Here is how families can help with the third challenge:
We are asking families who are able to transport their children to and from school, to do so during the pandemic. Your assistance is greatly appreciated and will help allow us to continue offering the Regular Program to all of our Niagara Wheatfield families.
Again, we are pleased to announce that we are able to honor the Change in Program Requests for weeks 11-20. Please make sure our Transportation Department is aware if you are not in need of District transportation, as that will certainly help our school community.
NW Administrative Team